Feb 25, 2011

Miner Groove

I'm in a bit of a groove of late and the miner unit continues to develop quickly. I still have some more work on the Prospector, namely his right arm.  I have to wait to finish the rest of the grunts until I get my latest order of bits.  But in the meantime I'm working hard to finish the other models.  I'm attempting to make it look like the unit is marching through a mine.  I will give the base a proper cavern floor texture, whatever the hell that is.  I glued thin strips of plastic to the bottom of their boots to raise the models up slightly so when I glue the texture on the base the models will look like they are standing on the ground rather than sunk down in it.  I'm also trying to give the appearance of the mines support structure and beams.  I'm not completely finished yet, but hopefully you will agree that I'm on the right track.  I pinned the guys on the bases with the wooden beams to make them removable and them easier to paint.  The center beam is one model unit filler.  One glaring issue is that I will have to lower the standard as it is too tall for the height of the mine. 

It is crazy how my bitz boxes have had everything I need for this project so far.  Hopefully the luck will stay with me to the end.  Well, without further ado here are the pix.


No comments:

Post a Comment