Mar 7, 2011

Dwarf Army Update

Work continues on the newest additions to the Dwarf Army for the Brawler Bash.  I've nearly got the Hammerers complete.  While I don't think they would win a Golden Demon I am very happy with the how they turned out.  My goal with them is to take them to a high table top standard.  To me that means only using a few highlight layers and relying on washes where possible.  I still have to finish the gems, boots and some jewelry. 


Next up is the Quarrelers.  I actually have some, but I think I can do better.  So I've assembled 16 out of a battalion box.  Then I purchased some extra bodies from Ebay and made an an additional 8 for a total of 24.  I also added another 5 mines to the unit.  BTW -  the new GW painting station is awesome!  I love to use it for assembling models while sitting with the family watching TV.


Here is my work in progress for a new cannon.  As you can see I'm going for a diorama effect of the Dwarfs actually getting the cannon ready to fire again.



One final comment is that I got the remainder of my resin terrain shipment from Pardulon.  I'm really looking forward to assembling the rest of the buildings and seeing how the village shapes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment