Aug 3, 2011

Plastic Cement Upgrade

Over the years I've been using the various plastic cements that come in the standard plastic bottle along with Plastiweld - which is the brush on cement.  At Blood in the Sun I managed to break my Necropolis Knights multiple times and the boys at Miniature Painting Authority (the repair squad) were using plastic cement in a precision dropper bottle.  I liked it so much that I figured I would give it a try.  I picked up the Testors version and after using it last night to assemble some TK archers (really who has enough TK archers these days?) I really, really love this stuff.  The metal needle dropper tips makes accurately dispensing just the precise amount of glue amazing. Also, it comes with a couple of wires to ream out the needle and the cap actually prevents any glue from leaking out. 
 
I honestly did not know what I was missing and I wish I would have tried this stuff years ago.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have been using one of these for some time, mine is the 'Revell Contacta Professional'. I wouldn't want to change it for the world. As you say it is much more precise and easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use and love the heck out of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete