Mar 19, 2011

More Hammerer goodness.

What is the saying about the last 20% takes 80% of the time.   It certainly is starting to feel like that. 


All I have left to do is to create a standard.  I'm leaning towards using a large hammer for the standard.  I finished the shields and I'm really happy how they came out.  I was shooting for the Boromir look.   I wanted a fairly large shield that was slung around the back of the model.  I created the shields by bashing together the regular hammerer shield, so I would have the mounting slot, with a regular dwarf shield.  For the command I used some larger shields for the base.  No idea where I got them from.  Painted the shields like I painted the armor then glued the shields on the models.  Finally  I used two coats of Vallejo gloss varnish followed by two coats of Vallejo matte varnish on the shield.  I am extremtly happy how they came out.  Now I just have to finish the Quarrelers, Miners and possibly some more Slayers.  I also still have a table full of terrain to finish.  No problem, I still have two weekends left!  Here are the final pix of the Hammerers.
  
 Champion.
Standard Bearer

Regular grunt.

Finally, if you play Warhammer Fantasy then you really need to listen to the Brohammer podcast!




No comments:

Post a Comment